Texas Passing a School Bus Ticket Lawyers.
Experienced Texas Passing a School Bus Ticket Lawyers at Joyner + Joyner Texas Law Firm have successfully represented thousands of clients cited with Passing a School Bus violations throughout the State of Texas.
STOP – DO NOT JUST PAY THE FINE!
Call our Texas Passing a School Bus Ticket Lawyers for a FREE consultation today.
After a brief phone call with our Texas Passing a School Bus Ticket Defense Lawyers, you will understand all the options available in your case and be well informed before you make a decision on how to resolve your Texas school zone ticket.
Remember: Under Texas law, some School Zone tickets are not eligible for deferred disposition or defensive driving. Therefore, it is important that you contact our Texas Passing a School Bus Ticket Ticket Defense Lawyers to discuss the options available in your specific case.
Our law firm receives many calls from individuals who incorrectly believe that by simply paying the fine stated on their Passing a School Bus ticket, their traffic ticket is resolved and they will never have to deal with it again.
That is not always the case.
As stated in most court’s paperwork and website disclosures, when an individual simply pays the fine associated with their traffic ticket, the defendant is required to waive their right to jury trial and enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest).
Convictions for School Zone tickets may have unforeseen repercussions.
Some moving violations that are simply paid may incur the state driving record penalty points, surcharges increase in insurance rates and the possibility of the suspension of your driver’s license.
Texas Traffic Tickets Passing a School Bus Law:
Under Texas law,
- (a) An operator on a highway, when approaching from either direction a school bus stopped on the highway to receive or discharge a student:
- (1) shall stop before reaching the school bus when the bus is operating a visual signal as required by Section 547.701; and
- (2) may not proceed until:
- (A) the school bus resumes motion;
- (B) the operator is signaled by the bus driver to proceed; or
- (C) the visual signal is no longer actuated.
- (b) An operator on a highway having separate roadways is not required to stop:
- (1) for a school bus that is on a different roadway; or
- (2) if on a controlled-access highway, for a school bus that is stopped:
- (A) in a loading zone that is a part of or adjacent to the highway; and
- (B) where pedestrians are not permitted to cross the roadway.
- (c) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $500 or more than $1,250, except that the offense is:
- (1) a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $1,000 or more than $2,000 if the person is convicted of a second or subsequent offense under this section committed within five years of the date on which the most recent preceding offense was committed;
- (2) a Class A misdemeanor if the person causes serious bodily injury to another; or
- (3) a state jail felony if the person has been previously convicted under Subdivision (2).
Benefits of Hiring our Construction Zone Ticket Defense Lawyers:
- EXPERIENCE: When you call our law firm, you will receive a consult from an Experienced Construction Zone Ticket Lawyer. Not a legal assistant.
- SAVE TIME: Most Construction Zone tickets can be resolved without the client having to appear in court.
- SAVE MONEY: Many single Construction Zone tickets can be resolved for the cost of the fine.
- SAVE MONEY: Most multiple violation tickets can be resolved for less than the cost of the fines.
- BETTER TERMS: In cases where the defendant must complete deferred disposition, our ticket defense lawyers negotiate to have the deferral period substantially reduced.
- REMOVE WARRANTS QUICKLY: If you have active warrants holding up your license, we can have the warrants lifted or removed.